In fastboot mode, connect to PC, run the Fastboot command fastboot getvar product. They are not always the most up-to-date version of Android, as Xiaomi is slower to release updates than other manufacturers. Xiaomi Stock ROM is the official Operating System (OS) of your Xiaomi Device.
- Fastboot Mode is separate from the operating system and offers many useful options such as install Stock ROM, install Custom ROM, TWRP etc.
- Next, go to the MI flashing tool and tap on the Refresh button to see the connected devices.
- Among other features, there is FM Radio with recording, USB type-C, Infrared, Face Unlock, LiquidCool Technology, NFC etc.
- But for a completely clean and fresh installation of all system files, the fastboot method is the way to go.
- There are plenty of features added in the Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 version compared with the Old MIUI version.
When I am not working on anything, you will find me enjoying video games on some Discord server. Below you can find a list with official supported devices.
TWRP can be very tricky all mobile firmwares to get used to or for a newbie to master. This causes various users to brick their devices and go into an endless boot loop. Our article walks you through the full process of TWRP Uninstall and restore to stock recovery. Do let us know if you have any feedback for the above steps or if you have any alternative solution for removing it from the device. This does the same as stock android recovery yet it has some additional features. It has the ability to create and restore device backups. ClockworkMod also offers a ROM Manager Application which allows accessing many of these features from running an Android system.
You could use it to upgrade your phone’s software by manually installing the latest MIUI updates. It can also be used to unbrick a device from a bricked state. Furthermore, you can use it to restore the stock MIUI firmware after flashing a custom ROM, a custom recovery like TWRP, or rooting. On the other hand, custom ROMs are unofficial firmware developed by third-party developers.
ROM that can be easily flashed by recovery or mobile is called Recovery ROM. The file extension of Recovery ROM is .zip which can be installed through local updates. Recovery files can be installed on Xiaomi, Redmi, etc mobile.